I have to be honest. I’m not big on the tag-you’re-it kind of posts. But Melanie is a special case, so for HER alone, I am taking up the challenge. (Note: 5 of the 7 below are already on my Word Chef site…see, About the Chef - my apologies if you’ve already read them.)
Seven Random Facts about Me:
- At 9, I started a neighborhood newspaper and delivered hand-copied copies of local news to all the houses on the block. (It lasted for two issues).
- I was an extra in the made-for-TV movie Amos and my screen time is opposite the one-and-only Kirk Douglas as a hospital orderly (mopping the floor). This spurred a short pursuit of an acting career.
- I love teaching. It’s always been my dream to travel the world as a teacher/writer.
- I have a weakness for supernatural romance novels. The sexy ones. These usually involve vampires, werewolves and other kinds of fantasy beings typically found on the Syfy channel.
- Besides writing, I also love to create visual stuff. Paintings, drawings, multi-media…you name it, I’ve tried it. Most of my creations have been sold or given as gifts, so I don’t have many pieces left in “inventory.” I think it was my marketing skills that helped with that. I could just never produce enough art to make a living at it.
- I’m the oldest of six children. So I tend to be a little bossy. Somebody’s got to do it.
- I took 7 years of piano lessons, 3 years of flute lessons and my iPod has 23 days of music on it. I don’t play music anymore, but I never miss Glee.
I think I have about 7 readers out there for this blog…so if you’re reading this, YOU have been challenged to share 7 random things about yourself with me (and the other 6 readers) in a comment below. Ready? Go!